Doug is a 1980 DePauw University graduate with a B.A. in Economics. From DePauw, he went to New Orleans, Louisiana as a Commercial Lines Underwriter with Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company. His career with Bowersox started in 1982 and he has served on the Management Team since that time. Doug is currently President of Bowersox and runs the day to day operations of the agency.
In 1986, he completed the requirements necessary for the Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) designation. This designation signifies the attainment of a high level of professional education and the commitment to a course of continuing education.
Doug has been awarded several prestigious awards and held some very prominent positions in the insurance industry including:
- Awarded the 1993 Insurance Person of the Year Award by the Professional Independent Insurance Agents of St. Louis.
- Past President of the Independent Insurance Agents of St. Louis
- Past President of the Missouri Young Agents Committee.
- Currently serves on the Board of the Independent Insurance Agents of Missouri.
- Awarded the Missouri Outstanding Young Agent Award by the Independent Insurance Agents of Missouri.
- President of the Missouri Association of Insurance Agents 2012-13.
Doug continues to server the insurance industry with a commitment to education and involvement in associations striving to improve our industry’s service to the public.